These cards can also be used in so many different ways.
Use these durable and attractive cards for loyalty programs, contact information, VIP badges, photo IDs and more. Though they allow for incredible visual designs, plastic business cards can also have extra technological functions added to them.
Because of the many uses of plastic cards, companies see benefits compared to traditional materials.
- Plastic Can Be Eco-friendly
- While you might not associate plastic with environmental friendliness, it's actually very easy to recycle old plastic cards.
- There are PVC cards on the market which degrade when they come in contact with such organic materials such as composite and soil, and this can happen as quickly as within four years.
- When made and handled the right way, plastic cards can be a very eco-friendly option for your business.
- Free Instant Plastic Card Quote
Now that you're ready for more information about your custom plastic cards and our competitive pricing, just fill out the form below. PLASTIC CARD PRINTERS
Not all plastic card printers have the same process, and making sure you get the right printer for the job necessitates an inventory of your specific needs.
We're here to help you find the right plastic card printer, at the right price! Plastic Card ID offers: Award-winning service from experienced professionals.
The widest range of printer brands and options.
Read candid product reviews from people just like you! Savings of up to 50% on printers and supplies Rely on our experts for support throughout the process.
Top 5 Factors to Consider Before Buying an ID Card Printer
It doesn't have to be an overwhelming task to shop for an ID card printer, and if you focus on these important factors, it will help you to narrow down your search. 1) Single or Dual Sided Printer
Most card printers are available in either single or dual sided models.
Single-sided printers are less expensive, but you will be obliged to manually flip a card and print on the back side of the card. Dual sided card printers will save time on large batches. 2) Dye Sublimation or Reverse Transfer
Dry sublimation printers are the most common and least expensive type of ID card printer.
They require the use of ribbon that has panels made to infuse color on the card, however it leaves a small white border behind on each card. Reverse transfer printers, also called re-transfer printers, use a ribbon and transfer film. They give a higher-quality and full bleed print (with no border). 3) Volume Requirements
Companies printing larger batches will want printers with larger hopper sizes, faster print speeds, and high-yield ribbons.
If you own a smaller business and won’t be printing larger batches, you can save money by opting for a basic printer that doesn’t have features for high-volume printing. 4) Lamination & Visual Security When you laminate an ID card, the durability and cost also increases, but lamination may be essential if the card will be handled or swiped on a regular basis.
Lamination can also be used to add holograms for high security.
There are other more affordable ways to add visual security, such as utilizing watermarks, holographic cardstock, and hologram stickers. 5) Connection Type
All ID card printers can be connected to a computer with a simple USB cable connection.
Make sure that you choose a printer with Mac compatibility if you need to connect to a Mac. If you need to connect to a network to print using multiple computers, a printer with Ethernet connection is essential. What are PVC ID Card Printers?
A PVC card printer is another term for an ID card printer.
PVC is a very strong type of plastic that is well-suited to the creation of all sorts of cards. The credit and bank cards you carry are very likely made from it. A PVC card printer can be used to refer to any kind of ID card maker. How do PVC Card Printers Work?
PVC card printers use many different methods to transfer a card design onto a plastic card. Some of the most common techniques used to print PVC cards are dye sublimation and reverse transfer. Dye Sublimation
Dye sublimation is the most popular way to print IDs on cards, and it uses a ribbon that has panels of all three primary colors along its length.
When the card is being printed, heated elements in the print head pass over the ribbon, and evaporate the ink on the ribbon, thereby transferring it to the PVC card. Dye sublimation is a term that is commonly used to refer to color printing. For black-and-white printing, the term is known as resin thermal transfer.
Badgy 200 Printer
To download a brochure or see a demonstration of the Badgy Printer go to: https://www.evolis.com/plastic-card-printers/badgy200-card-printer
The Evolis Badgy200 is the affordable color plastic card printer on the market today.
You do not need a dual-sided printer to print on both sides of the card.
You can print the card on the single sided printer, and flip the card over manually to print on the reverse side.
It's a bit more work, but it saves a considerable amount of money and is a good choice for smaller businesses that only need to print a few cards here and there.
A COMPLETE SOLUTION
Badgy provides you with a turnkey printing solution for PC or Mac. The package includes a plastic card printer, the Evolis Badge Studio card personalization software, and a pack of consumables (color ribbon and blank plastic cards) good for 100 prints.
In addition, a free card template library is available at www.badgy.com, where you can customize the template of your choice by adding text, logos, photos, barcodes, and more. PRINTING ON DEMAND You can print cards on your own and whenever they are needed with Badgy200.
Print your badges as you need them - as single cards or in small batches. Saving Time
Badgy200 can print 95 color cards per hour.
You can also import data from a database, add data for your card designs with a click of your mouse, or launch a print run with variable data instantly.
BRAND IMAGE EMPHASIS
The Badgy200 printer creates personalized cards with professional quality and edge-to-edge printing to highlight your organization’s brand image.
EASY TO USE The Badgy200 is installed and used like a standard office printer.
Simply load the cards into the feeder and retrieve them from the output hopper, both located on the front of the printer.
The Badgy Premium Suite software gives you control over the printer from your computer through received notifications. The Badgy print ribbons are easy to install and automatically recognized.
COMPACT: The Badgy200 printer is smaller than a letter sized sheet of paper, allowing it to fit into any workspace.
- It weighs only 9 lbs.
- Personalized Card Badges
- Badgy empowers you to print your own customized badges color, with professional quality, whenever and wherever you want! This solution allows the instant production of personalized, secure cards for all kinds of applications.
- A Card Printer
If you can print your cards on paper, you can print them on plastic.
- Badgy prints quality badges in full color, allowing you the ability to print the badges you want, when and where you want them.
- Badgy200 card printer
- Product Features
- Easy operation
- The versatile Evolis Badgy200 system is easy to install and works like any office printer.
- The system is compact and lightweight, so it fits well into almost any office workspace.
- Evolis presents the Badgy200 solution to help you print high-quality color badges with perfect ease.
- Badgy200 offers a solution for graphic personalization and instant card production, as single cards or in small batches.
- Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
- Badge Studio Plus and Badgy Premium Suite for Windows
- Badgy comes with a single installation CD that includes Badge Studio + software, card templates, and the printer driver.
- The Evolis Badge Studio + software, which is included with the Badgy200 package, allows you to print professional-quality, edge-to-edge ID badges and cards.
- This printer is compatible with both a PC or Mac operating system and also allows you to make personalized badges in a matter of minutes.
- The Badgy Premium Suite for Windows software gives you total control of your printer from your computer.
- Printer management and configuration tool with graphic notifications
- 24/7 online support
- Badgy.com hosts a variety of free card templates that allow you to quickly come up with a professional design for your cards and badges.
- Color Ribbon, Cards, and Power Accessories
- Badgy200 B22U0000RS includes all of the supplies and printer accessories you'll need to start printing cards right away:
- 100 blank PVC cards, the size of a standard credit card
- Installation CD, including Badge Studio Plus software, the printer driver, and card template
- USB cable
- Power supply and power cable
Evolis Badgy200 System Description The Evolis Badgy200 card printing software is affordable and perfect for low volume card printing applications. It's a complete, out-of-the-box, all-in-one solution that is perfect for new users.
The Badgy System includes:
Evolis Badge Studio + card personalization software (compatible with Mac and PC)
An extensive online card template library
A consumables pack (ribbon and plastic cards)
Badgy features a 25-card input/output tray at the front, ribbon reloading at the top, and the USB and power connection at the back.
An LCD control panel makes the printer incredibly user-friendly.
Quality and cost effectiveness Badgy200 creates full-color, photographic quality prints that cover the entire surface of a plastic card. Badgy can also print barcodes which can be scanned.
Regardless of if you need to print one card or 100 cards, overall, the printing costs are much lower than normal and fit any budget.
The Badgy200 also has a hibernation mode that saves power when the printer isn’t in use.
Evolis Badgy Badgy200 Overview This printer utilizes dye sublimation and thermal transfer technology to produce prints at 300 dpi and with 2 million colors.
This printer has a YMCKO print speed of 95 cards per hour We printed in color while it’s monochrome speed is 325 cards per hour.
Premium Suite includes:
Full-color YMCKO ribbon with a 100-print capacity
Personalize and print badges or ID cards with Badgy whenever you need them, either in batches or one at a time: Staff ID badges
Event badges Visitor badges